Quantum Computers are better positioned to solve problems which are not manageable by today’s classical computers. A few of the ways Quantum Computers might be able to help include:
- Enabling and facilitating the discovery of new medicines, materials, planets, stars, etc.
- Enabling ultra-efficient logistics.
- Helping us to better understand how cancer is developed.
- Enabling more precise weather forecasting to reduce weather-related deaths.
- Making better financial investments by isolating key global risk factors.
- Improving some facets of artificial intelligence, especially machine learning.
Picture from: http://ibm.biz/9x-introduction