Within the framework of the Egyptian state and the Ministry of Irrigation to rationalize water consumption and maximize its optimal use, the research and scientific team at MSA University's Center of Excellence and Entrepreneurship, with the support and full supervision of the University's Board of Trustees, developed a device for measuring soil moisture. An advanced communication system allows the moisture meter data to be transmitted through a message to the farmer's mobile device, to regulate the irrigation process, maximize crop productivity, reduce operating costs and increase farm profitability.
The Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources, Dr. Abdel Aty stated that the joint work team from the Ministry and October University for Modern Sciences and Arts (MSA) produced the first sample of the device and conducted laboratory tests to identify its final performance.
This scientific achievement was carried out under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Said Mabrouk- Professor at the Faculty of Engineering and Executive Director of the Center of Excellenceand a group of the university’s engineers and researchers, they are: Eng. Mr. Al-Qadi, Eng. Ahmed Abu Fadil and Eng. Mahmoud Jaafar.
This achievement has received distinguished and extensive media coverage in the following major newspapers and news sites:
- Presidency of the Egyptian Council of Ministers: http://tiny.cc/kt37tz
- Al-Ahram website: http://gate.ahram.org.eg/News/2547158.aspx
- Sada al-Balad website: https://www.elbalad.news/4623715
- Al-Shorouk website: http://tiny.cc/gt37tz
- Constitution website: https://www.dostor.org/3302316
- The Journal website: http://www.elgornal.net/news/news.aspx?id=14742485