2nd Annual International Teaching, Learning and Assessment Conference Featured
Dear respected colleagues,
You are warmly invited to participate in MSA second annual international conference on Learning, Teaching and Assessment entitled Exploring technology-enhanced teaching, learning and assessment practices in a post-digital age that takes place at MSA University on Thursday 29 March, 2018.
If a ‘Post-digital age’ is characterised by transitions in our teaching and learning practices brought about by technology, what is its continuing impact on higher education, and to what extent does it shape our identity, the future of our work and the institutions we work in?
In this year’s conference we will consider the challenges, opportunities, debates, disruptions and transformations that are shaping the future of Higher Education, in Egypt and globally. We hope it will trigger ideas for engaging students, and provide us, as teachers, researchers or professional services staff, with opportunities to reflect on our own development needs and career aspirations. Through examining the practices that take place in physical and virtual learning spaces, we provide a platform to share and contextualise our own experiences with colleagues from MSA and our UK partner institutions.
The conference takes place during mid-term exams and provides a space to critically reflect upon the year so far, learn from our experiences and those of our colleagues, and implement changes for the year ahead. In the current context of change, making contacts, sharing ideas and building community can stimulate and encourage us all as we continue to enhance our students’ experience, engagement and achievement.
The conference takes a developmental approach beginning with an overview of the importance of effective technology-enhanced teaching in the sector. It moves onto presentations about innovative practice and ideas, followed by sessions that stimulate professional practice leading to professional development.
The conference offers a range of formats addressing questions that will involve participants through lively discussion and activity. It will be of interest to all academics and professional services staff. We invite contributions that demonstrate exploratory, novel, or improved practices that have led to improving students’ learning or engagement and encourage colleagues to involve students in their presentations.
We are seeking:
We are seeking papers, innovative workshops, presentations, posters and engaging debates that address one or more of the conference themes, aligned to either of the strands:
1. Developing the effective student journey (curriculum design & delivery, transition)
2 . Developing the international university (internationalising the curriculum, international student transition, enriching the student and staff experience)
3. Using students as agents of change, (student representation, student voice, student experience)
4. Designing opportunities for nurturing the inquiring mind (pedagogical design and methodology)
5. Developing enterprising and creative cultures (learning spaces, programme and course design, teaching and assessment methodologies)
6. Engaging employers (designing for employability, work placements & internships, alumni)
7. Embedding life-wide learning (creating other opportunities for developing graduate attributes, i.e., sports, societies, community based)
8. Enhancing career development (PG CERT HE, CPD)
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please submit using the proposal template on page 5 to Dr. Heba Mohamed Adel
You are also asked to create an account at: https://showtime.gre.ac.uk/index.php/msa/msa2018/user/account.
All proposals will be blind reviewed and considered with reference to the conference aims and themes. The lead author will be notified of the decision relating to their proposals by the published date. Once accepted they will be added to the conference website.
Submissions should be made using the proposal form (see page 5). Once received, any personal details will be removed to ensure a blind review, considered with reference to the conference aims and themes, and you will be notified of the decision by the published deadline.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT DATES:
- Proposal submission deadline: Sunday 4th March 2018
- Authors receive feedback on proposals: Sunday 11th March 2018
- Re-submissions deadline: Thursday 15th March 2018
- Presenters registration closes: Sunday 18th March 2018
- Submit presentations for uploading to website: Thursday 22nd March 2018
- Receipt of posters: Thursday 22nd March 2018
- Conference: Thursday 29th March, 2018
- Compass Journal papers: https://journals.gre.ac.uk/index.php/compass/announcement
The Conference's Guide,Rules and Regulations: