The Faculty of Mass Communication at October University for Modern Sciences and Arts - MSA University invites you to participate in the activities of the 7th scientific conference entitled “Health Communication in the Digital Era” on the 4th & 5th of December, 2021 at the university headquarters and via Zoom.
This conference will include a number of scientific, media and international sessions over the two days, in order to enrich scientific and professional contributions in the field of health media.
A group of medical pioneers in Egypt will participate in the conference:
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Awad Tag El-Din, Advisor to the President of the Republic for Health Affairs.
- Prof. Tarek Tawfeek, Deputy Minister of Health for Population Affairs.
- Prof. Islam Annan, Professor of Health Economics and Epidemiology.
- Prof. Hossam Mowafi, a pioneer of internal medicine.
In addition, a number of media education pioneers in Egypt will also participate in the conference, including:
- Prof. Hassan Emad Mekkawy, former Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication, Cairo University and a member of the National Media Authority
- Prof. Howaida Mustafa, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication, Cairo University.
Not only that, but also a group of deans of mass communication faculties and institutes in Egypt and the Arab countries along with a number of media professionals supervising medical platforms and pages through digital media will also participate in the conference.
AEJMC Virtual Roundtable:
Faculty of Mass communication, MSA University invites you to participate, via Zoom, at the virtual roundtable entitled " Media & Interdisciplinary Studies in the Arab Countries: Opportunities and Challenges" in cooperation with ICD, AEJMC.
The Round table will be held within the activities of the 7th academic conference of the Faculty of Mass Communication, MSA University (Health communication in the Digital Age).
It is the first regional cooperation with the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication - International Communication Division AEJMC - ICD.
It will be held online on Saturday, December 4, from 03:00 to 04:30 pm Cairo time, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm local time Tunisia / Central Europe, 5:00-6:30 pm Dubai / Kuwait time
Certificates will be given to participants
Day one of the “Health Communication in the Digital Era” Conference:
Saturday, December 4, 2021
· 9:00 am – 10:00 am – Registration in SSB
· 10:00 am – 1:00 pm – Opening Session in Cinema Hall
Keynote Speakers and Honorees:
1. Prof. Dr. Mohamed Awad Taj El-Din, Advisor of the President of Egypt for Health Affairs.
2. Prof. Dr. Tarek Tawfik, Deputy Minister for Population Affairs, Ministry of Health and Population.
3. Prof. Dr. Islam Anan, Professor of Health Economics and Epidemiology, Ain Shams University.
4. Prof. Dr. Iman Eissa, Professor and Consultant of Pharmacology-vigilance and Representative of Rameda Company.
Special Honors for her Outstanding Achievements in the field of Health Development: Member of the Egyptian Parliament Anissa Hassouna CEO of Goud Charity Hospital and Al Nas Children Hospital.
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm – Tea Break
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm – Discussion Session: “Health Communication in Media Education Institutions” – Cinema Hall
Session Moderator:Prof. Dr. Hassan Emad Mekkawy, Broadcasting Professor and Former Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication, Cairo University.
Session Rapporteur:Dr. Noha Samir, Broadcasting Lecturer - MSA
1. Prof. Dr. Howaida Mostafa, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication- Cairo University
2. Prof. Dr. Heba El Semary, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication and Public Relations - Al Nahda University
3. Prof. Dr. Hala Nofal, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication – South Valley University
4. Prof. Dr. Nermine Khedr, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication - Open Education University
5. Prof. Dr. Dina Abou Zeid, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication - International Academy of Engineering and Media Sciences
6. Prof. Dr. Mohamed Saad, Dean of the Higher Institute of Media - El Shorouk Academy
7. Prof. Dr. Amal El Ghezawy, Dean of the Canadian International College (CIC).
8. Prof. Dr. Heba Shaheen, Head of the Department of Communication and Media Sciences, Faculty of Arts - Ain Shams University
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Roundtable: “Media studies and Interdisciplinary approaches in Arab Countries: Opportunities and Challenges” in collaboration with AEJMC-ICD – Cinema Hall
Session Moderator:Prof. Dr. Samy El Sherif, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication - Modern University of Technology and Information (MTI)
Session Coordinator:Prof. Dr. Hanan Badr, Regional Communication Coordinator at the International Communication Division, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (ICD-AEJMC)
Session Rapporteur:Dr. Reham Samy, Conference Rapporteur and Head of Broadcasting Department - MSA
1. Prof. Dr. Essam Nasr, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication - University of Sharjah (UAE)
2. Prof. Dr. Inas Abou Youssef, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication - Al-Ahram Canadian University ( ARE)
3. Prof. Dr. Hesham Mesbah, Head of Communication Department - Rollins University, Florida, (USA)
4. Dr. Alaa El Shamy, Associate Professor, College of Media and Communication- Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University (KSA)
5. Dr. Abdellah Melouki, Lecturer Professor, Faculté des Sciences Humaines et Sociales, Université de Sétif (Algeria)
Day Two of the “Health Communication in the Digital Era” Conference:
Sunday, December 5, 2021
· 9:30 am – 11:30 am – Discussion Session: “Health In Light of Digital Platforms”
Session Moderator: Mr. Mohamed El Hawary, Editor-in-chief of Al - Fanar Media
Session Rapporteur: Dr. Samar Galal, Journalism Lecturer - MSA
1. Dr. Nermeen El Azrak, Head of English Section, Faculty of Mass Communication - Cairo University.
2. Mr. Khaled El Barmawy, Journalist & Digital Platforms Expert.
3. Dr. Ayman Rashwan, Physician and TV Anchor, “The Doctor Program” - Al-Kahera Wa Al-Nass Channel
4. Mr. Ibrahim El Tayeb, Head of the Medical Page - Al-Masry Al-Youm newspaper.
5. Dr. Gehan Raslan, Nutritionist, Faculty of Medicine – Cairo University.
· 11:30 am – 12:00 pm – Tea Break
· 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm – First Session (parallel): “Health communication from an Institutional Perspective” – Cinema Hall
Session Moderator: Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Alm El Din – Journalism Professor, Faculty of Mass Communication - Cairo University
Session Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Aml Elsayed, Vice Dean for Student Affairs, Faculty of Mass Communication - Al Ahram Canadian University.
Session Rapporteur: Dr. Yasmine Ahmed Broadcasting Lecturer - MSA
Dr. Rala Abdel Wahab: “A visual framing analysis of Covid-19 pandemic outbreak in India on Washington Post, India Today and BBC”
- Dr. Nisreen Nader: “The influence of social media visuals on people’s attitudes towards Covid-19 vaccines”
- Ms. Lama Atef, Ms. Shorouk Ashraf: “Infodemic and digital literacy: The role of digital media literacy in combating misinformation of Covid-19 on Facebook”
- Ms. Nada Ehab: “Uses of science popularization videos on social media and their effects on involvement in science learning activities”
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm – Closing Session and Recommendations – Cinema Hall
Session Moderator: Prof. Dr. Hanan Youssef, Dean of the Faculty of Mass Communication - The Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport - Smart Village Branch
Dr. Noha Samir
Dr. Reham Samy
Dr. Samar Galal
Dr. Yasmine Ahmed
Dr, Abeer Salem
Dr. Iman Zahra
MSA University Campus Map
Main Office - 6th Oct. Campus
26 July Mehwar Road intersection with Wahat Road, 6th October City. Egypt.
Tel. : 3837-1113
Tel. : 3837-1115
Tel. : 3837-1516
Hotline : 16672
International Hotline: 002-0216672